November 3, 2014

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Birthday Party Ideas


I was really excited to throw my son a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles birthday party.  In fact, I think I was just as excited as the kids were.  It was so much fun.  Since my son loves to dress up, I knew we had to have turtle costumes.  So I found cheap shirts at kohls, $1 bandanas, and all of the weapons were from the dollar store or homemade.  (For more details on homemade Ninja Turtle costumes and weapons, click here).  I also found a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles minifigure set on ebay that came with the 4 turtles, Splinter and Shredder (cost about $8).  Legos have always been my son's favoite so I knew these would be the perfect addition .


Decorations: Lots of green! Green streamers, balloons and table cloth.


Entertainment: The kids had to suit up like teenage mutant ninja turtles and then go on a scavenger hunt to rescue the birthday boy's presents that were stolen by Shredder.  This was a huge success!  The kids loved it.  Here's how we did it- there was a note on the front door saying how Shredder had stolen the birthday boy's presents.  The kids would have to get on their turtle gear and go find them  On our kitchen table (see pict above) we had the turtle shirts, bandanas and weapons laid out for each kid to put on.  There was also another note on the table from Splinter.  The note told the kids that after they put on their turtle gear, they needed to round up all of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to help.  The note gave them their first clue of where to find Leonardo.  



Each clue led them to find one of the lego turtle minifigures, which the kids had to put together and then move on to the next clue.  


After finding all 4 turtles, there was a final clue leading them to the presents and lego Shredder.  The clue warned them that Batman* had joined forces with Shredder and they would have to defeat him in order to get the presents back.




(*We chose Batman simply because he was on the inflatable socker bopper that we found at Ross for $4.  We thought the kids would have fun using their weapons to beat it up.  It was the perfect climax to our scavenger hunt).

After beating up Batman for awhile, we then got to open up presents.

Food: We of course had to have pizza- a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle necessity!  I found these dishes in target's $1 section.  I went with these over disposable dishes cause I knew my kids would use these over and again.  


We also had this ice cream cake, which is one of our family favorite's desserts!  It's easy, delicious and a perfect alternative for kids who do not like cake. 


It was the perfect Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle birthday party!  As soon as it was over, my son asked if we could do it all again the next day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment