October 14, 2013

Family Night Board (Magnets)


My kids have taken a greater interest in participating with family home evening, so I wanted to make a board to keep track of whose turn it was to do what.  I didn't really want to spend a lot of money on this and couldn't find anything I really liked online.  And then I thought of these wooden animals I had bought from Walmart a few years ago on clearance.  (Jo-Ann's also sells these (usually a $1 each) and has a huge variety).  So I put our names on them with scrapbooking stickers.  Then I put magnetic tape on the back of each one to get it to stick to the fridge.  (Loved how this didn't have to take up any extra space on my wall).  Then I made labels on scrapbooking paper and stuck it to the adhesive side of the magnets.  My kids love rotating the magnets each week.  This was a cute, easy, cheap way to make a kid-friendly Family Home Evening Board.  This would also be a great way to make a chore chart for kids.  

No comments:

Post a Comment