April 28, 2014

Cinnamon Rolls

This is my son's current fave- homemade cinnamon rolls.  They're pretty easy to make since I use the exact same recipe that I use to make homemade rolls.  After the dough rises, I roll the dough out on a greased cookie sheet.  I cover the dough with melted butter, then a generous amount of cinnamon and sugar.  (The cinnamon and sugar is mixed together beforehand, I usually do about a 1:4 ratio- 1 tbsp cinnamon for a 1/4 cup sugar).  Then I start on one side and gently roll the dough up, so it makes one big log.  (Make sure to pinch the end of the dough down so it stays in place).  I personally like to use a piece of floss to cut my log into rolls.  Then I place the rolls in a greased cake pan right next to each other (side to side).  It makes every edge of the cinnamon rolls  so soft and gooey.




Bake on 350 for 25-30 minutes.


And then for the best part- frosting!  
Mix together:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup margarine/butter (softened)
2 tbsp milk
Then stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.  
Pour over cinnamon rolls.


Or for a delicious cream cheese frosting-
mix together:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup margarine/butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
tiny pinch of salt
1 lb of powdered sugar (about 3 3/4 cups)
and about 1 tbsp of milk for consistency


No comments:

Post a Comment